RSDP has grown steadily and surely over time. We've become stronger than we ever thought we could be after the June Ploiesti Siege on homeless animals and the mass dog cull law voted in September. Tougher, more determined than ever before. Dead set on preventing as many pups as possible from being born to be abandoned in the streets, and be ultimately killed after a short painful life not worth living. Prevention through free sterilizations and education is our goal. Literally, preventing a world of unnecessary suffering.
We have a plan mapped out:
- short term, we wish to rent a house where to open asap a social veterinary clinic; a clinic addressing primarily the need of free sterilizations for owned and homeless female animals as means to prevent future abandonment
- The "parents" of our impending social veterinary clinic are: Dog's Wish and HondenBrokkenMakers from Holland, Stumme Schreie e.V. and Petops e.V. from Germany, and Barbara Valentini from Austria. Our "parents" keep on collecting much needed aid for the social veterinary clinic. So far, some of the donated aid includes metal kennels, two tables for surgeries, an xray machine, a fridge, an operation lamp. Truly incredible, generous help that will help us launch the veterinary clinic asap!
Four nations, one thought! Austria, Germany and Holland coming together to start up a social veterinary clinic here in Ploiesti, Romania. Do you wish to become part of this dream?
- long term, we envision starting up our very own rescue center featuring our very own social veterinary clinic
- We are happy to announce that RSDP has recently been awarded a Dag Stiansens award of approximately 6,000 euro towards this private rescue center. Apart from being a huge honor, this significant grant will be used towards purchasing the land for the rescue center we envision to build
- If we're lucky (and we are!), we estimate that our very own rescue center featuring a fully functional social veterinary clinic will be ready in no more than 1.5 years. We believe our work speaks for itself, and so the right support will come to make our rescue center a reality
Our "parents", Dog's Wish NL and HondenBrokkenMakers NL, Stumme Schreie e.V. GE and Petops e.V. GE, and Barbara Valentini AU, work hard for both our goals:
- they gather much needed veterinary supplies and equipment for our social veterinary clinic to open asap in a rented house in Ploiesti
- they raise funds so our long term goal, the private rescue center, can come to life
We are patches of hope. Austrian, Dutch, German and Romanian. Patches of hope stitched together to create the impossible for Romanian homeless strays. A world with no more suffering strays.
More than ever, it's time to spring into action. Let's make it happen!