Friday, September 21, 2012

A special team

It is important to be grateful and appreciative for the good people and things life brings along the way. All too often, we start taking the good things for granted, which we really shouldn't. So tonight I'd like to take the opportunity to mention a couple of people for which I am extremely grateful to have in my life. People that have truly made a difference with their kindness, compassion and commitment to help Romanian animals. People from whom I have learned a lot.

I am deeply thankful for all the good work Romania Animal Rescue and Nancy Janes have done all over Romania, including in Ploiesti. It is truly rare to find such kind and generous people going so much out of their way to lend a helping hand for the animals. Well, that would be Nancy. Romania Animal Rescue has helped sterilize 100 Ploiesti strays back in November, and has also provided several spay days this year as part of the Ploiesti Neutering Challenge. And I know it wasn't always easy.

Nancy with one sterilized dog in Ploiesti

All this would not have been possible also without the good work of the Romania Animal Rescue vet team, particularly Dr Aurelian and Dr Petrisor. I am always amazed by the great efforts they make to reach distant parts of Romania to do more spay and neuter. They literally are all over the map, going out of their way to reach out more, to help more. And the keyhole surgeries they provide are top quality, helping the animals recover right away. Apart from their commitment to helping animals with sterilizations, I cannot possibly forget all the times I have called Dr Aurelian for help in dealing with veterinary cases. It is always reassuring to have a truly good vet to call when needing advice.

 Dr Aurelian and Dr Petrisor during one of the spay days held at Ploiesti

I will stop before I get too corny. But it is only fair that good people and good deeds not be taken for granted. I appreciate all they have done for the Ploiesti strays.

Thank you for reading this. If you'd like to help Romania Animal Rescue in their good work, please have a look at their causes here. They are one most deserving team.

No comments:

Post a Comment